Why Miik’s luxurious bamboo fabrics are so unique
Posted on 07 September 2017
Miik is known for their Canadian made, eco-friendly bamboo fabrics. They consider the environment in ever step of the process, never comprising style, function or comfort.
This fall Miik has introduced a new fabric, the bamboo based ponte! This double-knit grey melange that reverses to a natural solid (also available in black). It is soft but has structure and will not crease or cling. This versatile fabric is ideal for tailored jackets, skirts and dresses. It pairs wonderfully with their core bamboo fabric we know and love!
We have highlighted some of our favorite pieces in the new fabric below!
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world and can grow up to three feet per day. Similar to beechwood, it self-propagates so there is no need for replanting. Bamboo requires no water, fertilizers or pesticides making it an incredibly sustainable resource for textile production. Our rayon from bamboo is luxuriously soft, long lasting and easy to care for. It looks and wears beautifully and does not fade, pill or lose its shape like other natural fibres. For a detailed explanation of our bamboo production process and organic farming standards please.
- Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world – it grows up to 3 feet a day
- Bamboo is self-propagating – it regenerates after being cut
- Bamboo requires no pesticides, fertilizers or watering in order to grow
- Bamboo is ultra soft and feels luxuriously smooth against your skin
- Bamboo is breathable and antibacterial
- Bamboo clothing keeps the skin cool and dry regulate the temperature of the body
- Bamboo actually improves soil and air quality – it minimises CO2 and generates up to 35% more oxygen than equivalent stands of trees