Ethical Gift Guide for the Sustainable Shopper
1. Calica Studio Soft Studies Scarf | $199 | The design for each one-of-a-kind scarf was painted by hand before being converted into a digital rendering and transferred using rich dyes onto the surface of the wool. 90% wool and 10% cashmere. Designed in Canada and printed in India.
2. Hart + Stone Jewelry | $49 - $89 | Minimalistic designs and made using recycled gold and silver wherever possible, raw materials are sourced from places who practice ethical mining and working conditions. Hand crafted on Salt Spring Island.
3. Woodlot Candles | $26-$39 | A blend of organic coconut wax and non-gmo soy wax. Seasoned with essential oils for the purest scents, burns for 40-60 hours. Made in Vancouver.
4. Maritime Woolies Mittens | $50 | Handmade and crafted from up-cycled cashmere sweaters. Each pair is unique. Made in Nova Scotia. (Available In-Store)
5. Oneless SOL Cups | $35-$39 | Lightweight and plastic-free. The hand-blown reusable cups are the perfect companion for on-the-go hot drinks.
6. Goldilocks Beeswax Food Wraps | $15 - $36 | The Eco-Friendly alternative to plastic wrap made with 100% cotton, locally sourced beeswax, tree rosins, and jojoba oil. Handmade in Victoria.
7. Shayna Stevenson Moon Phase Necklace | $89 | Hand built and painted ceramic beads, a pattern representing the phases of the moon, on a leather cord. Made in Toronto
8. Veja Sneakers | $159-$185 | Ecological sneakers. Made with organic fairly traded materials and responsibly produced.
9. Province Apothecary Daily Glow Facial Brush | $52 | This self-care practice of dry brushing the skin works gently to exfoliate, it activates the lymphatic system, decreases puffiness, and supports healthy glowing skin.
10. Lovefresh Body Scrub 510g | $39 | Available in Grapefruit + Vanilla Coffee. All-natural sugar scrub with essential oils, packaging is non-toxic and biodegradable.
11. Preloved Heart Sweatshirt | $109 | This classic preloved heart sweater is made from 100% cotton fleece, complete with an upcycled wool heart. No two sweaters are the same. Made in Toronto.
12. Sabahar Ethiopian Towels | $79 | These are no ordinary towels, hand woven with Ethiopian cotton these make the ideal gift for anyone who is textile or travel-savvy. Fair trade, quick drying, space-savers, and they get softer with each wash. Handmade in Ethiopia
Sattva Boutique | Quality Clothing for Women | Mostly Made in Canada & Ethical Fashions from around the globe | Halifax owned and operated